The most depressing thing in comparison to heartbreak is when you discover that someone has stolen your iPhone. All your vital information is stored in your device, and you have no way to access it until you buy a new phone and ask someone to lend you an iPhone. However, it is easier said than done. Since you might have to create a new Apple ID to make sure someone does not have the access to your personal information.
Even if you have a new iPhone, the first thing you’ll need to do is log in with your Apple ID to access your personal information and if you do not remember the password of your ID you cannot access it.
It is the reason why many reading this article probably do not remember the password of their Apple ID. And keep reading to find all the information you need to access your Apple ID once again. Additionally, in this article, you’ll not only find ways to access your old Apple ID - but we’ll also equip you with all the knowledge on how you can ultimately make a new ID for your new device. So leave all your worries behind, as there are many ways to fix this problem - you can update/change your Apple ID via your iPhone, iPad, or Mac
Here is a perfect guide for anyone who is struggling with creating a new Apple ID or trying to access the old one. Let’s start with:
How to Change Your Apple ID
In case you do not remember your Apple ID's password, the first thing you would need to reset the password. Here is a simple and straightforward guide https://setapp.com/how-to/how-to-change-apple-id-email on how you can fix this problem. However, to change your ID's password, you'll have to access it, which is not possible if you do not remember the password.
To use this fix, you'll need a throwaway email address. Make sure this new email address is not registered with your Apple ID or can create it just before starting. However, if you do not have time to create a new email address, you can always use an old one, which you have access to. Let us begin!
- Log on to iforgot.apple.com from any web browser of your choice.
- Enter the new email ID you want to change your current Apple account with.
(This is because the one you are already using cannot be accessed because it is currently being used).
- Tap or click continue at the bottom of the message board.
- Choose "I need to reset my password".
- Click or tap on "Continue".
- Choose - Get an Email.
- Again, tap or click on Continue.
- Now, you'll get a confirmation mail on the email address you have just inserted above.
- There you'll find the option "Reset your password".
- Enter your new password.
- Re-enter your password.
- Tap or click "Reset Password".
Now you have the password to the Apple ID that you do not remember creating and probably do not want to use either. But, not you can make changes to it as you have all the access to it. And with access to your new email address, you can make the desired changes to access your device.
How to Reset Your Apple ID Password (also includes steps for two-step authentication)
In case you have not activated two-factor authentication on your Apple ID, make sure you do it in the future to add an extra layer of security on your device. You’ll have to use your email address or respond to security questions to change the password.
- Log on to iforgot.apple.com.
- Enter the Apple ID you want to reset the password of.
- Click “Continue” you see at the bottom.
- Click on “I Need to Reset My Password”.
- Once again, click “Continue”.
- Here you can choose between two options; Get an email or Answer Security Questions. Here we will select “Get an Email”.
- Click “Continue”.
- Click “Done”.
- Now open the email address you have inserted in the forgot my password message box. There you’ll find an email titled “How to reset your Apple ID password”.
- Tap on Reset Now
- Enter your new password.
- You’ll have to enter your password again to confirm.
- Click Reset Password.
Now you have a new password for your old Apple ID. With it, you can once again access all your data and information you need. After resetting your password, you will become not only able to access your Apple ID but also other essential apps such as iCloud, AppStore, and so on.
In the second part, we’ll show you:
How to quickly set up two-factor authentication for your Apple ID to reset your password, as mentioned earlier. So, when you choose to answer security questions rather than receiving an email, you’ll need to follow these steps after selecting Continue in Step & from above.
- Verify your Birth date.
- Click Continue
- You will, and there are two security questions that you need to answer. Make sure you answer them correctly.
- Now click continue once again.
- Now you will see a message asking you to insert a new password.
- Could you enter it again to confirm?
- Click on Reset password.
Here is all the information you need to access your Apple account if you have forgotten your password or are trying to log into your new iPhone after someone has stolen your old iPhone. With this two-step authentication system resetting Apple ID’s password becomes short and far easier.
In any unfortunate event, when you cannot access your personal information on your Apple iPhone because you do not have access to your Apple ID anymore, this short guide will come handy. It has all the answers you need to fix this problem. However, try to follow all the steps to get the best result out of your efforts. You can use a Mac or an iPhone to follow this guide to reset your password or change your email address. Get all the answers you need with this smart and straightforward follow to instructions.