Here we are going to see how to transcribe audio fast and free. There are many methods for audio transcription. Some have a recorded audio file in this transcription, and somebody wants to type what they dictate. Both are very simple if you know the correct method. If you want to transcribe audio daily or you need to do it often without payment, then it is for you.
How to transcribe the recorded audio file?
15 Steps to Transcribe the Audio File
If you already have the recorded audio file, follow the instructions given below.
- Go to Google and search Virtual audio cable.
- Download the Virtual audio cable for Windows.
- It will download in the zip format (vac460.zip).
- Select that file and then right-click.
- Select Extract to vac460\
- The zip file will be extracted into a separate folder.
- Get into the folder and click the setup icon. Thus the virtual audio cable is installed.
- Then go to the speaker icon located in the taskbar, right-click it.
- Select playback devices, thus the sound titled mini tab will open.
- In the playback, section right-clicks the speaker option and select enable.
- Then go to Google Drive and click new, and select Google docs.
- In Google, docs go-to tools, and excellent voice typing, a microphone icon will appear.
- You can select the language which you want in that icon.
- Play the recorded audio file
- Click the icon; thus, Google could hear the audio, and the typing will start.
Once you downloaded the virtual audio cable and fixed the settings, this transcription will be very fast, easy, and free. There are also some other websites like speech texter, speech logger, speech notes, speech pad.
Unlike other websites, you have to select the transcribe button in the speech pad, and then you have to choose an audio file and language. Then we are going to see the next aspect.
How To Transcribe The Manual Dictation?
For this, you don’t need any virtual audio cable, or you don’t need to change the settings, but you need to do is manual dictation. There are many apps in mobile phones which you can download it from Google play store like Live Transcribe, Speech to text, Google Docs, etc.,
The famous one is Google Docs
Download the Google Docs from Google play store or open it from the Google drive.
Go to tools and select voice typing.
Select the language which you want in the microphone icon.
Click the image and dictate it.
Thus you can do the two ways now. Do you have a single or minimum number of audio files you want to transcribe it, and you don’t want to do it daily and like to do it with or without payment? This is for you.
On this website you can get 30 minutes of a free trial. For that, you have to login first. Then upload the audio file, select the language, confirm to submit it. Then go to my account, there you can find your file. Within five to10 minutes, it will be completed. Check, matching it with the audio file, and do corrections. Then you can download it.
On this website, you will convert the audio file into a video by creating your Youtube channel. First, sign in, and then upload the audio file (not more than 50mb), here you have to upload an image. Then click create a video. Open a new tab, go to youtube, click your profile, and select creator studio. Find your uploaded video, click on the dropdown arrow, and choose subtitles/cc. Then edit the subtitles, click Action, and select download subtitles.
On this website, and you can do transcription like the above methods. For that, you have to login first. In this website, you can also convert video to text and speech to text.
On this website, and you get 14 days free trial.
These all are the steps and websites easy to transcribe audio files. For an iOS device, you can be assisted with these software for Mac.
You can refer to CrunchyTricks to know more about the websites left behind, apart from the ones stated here.