3 Things You Most Likely Didn't Know About
Data Recovery Tips
Before you start downloading a Windows data recovery tool, determine whether your hard drive is the real cause of your problems.
- Some other component is malfunctioning.
Perhaps some other component is malfunctioning at the moment. This process is easy if you have a second computer because you can simply remove the faulty hard disk from the first computer and see if it works in the second. If it doesn’t, chances are your hard drive has crashed.
- The problem can be mechanical or logical.
A mechanical failure involves physical damage to your hard disk. If you hear weird sounds coming from it, you might want to call an expert.
Logical failures are more common; for example, your files might be corrupted by an outside factor, such as malware or a virus. Of course, the possibility also exists that you formatted your hard disk and that your computer cannot use the data. However, you can save the day with the help of Windows data recovery software.
- Data recovery tool
Most of these programs are easy to use. Of course, there are some differences when it comes to features, but almost all of them follow the same pattern. Once you install your Windows data recovery tool of choice, detect the drive and allow the program to do the work. It will scan your hard drive and allow you to save the files you want on another storage device. The recovery process might leave your files a bit unorganized because some names will be changed, but some software can help with the sorting as well.
Top 3 Best Windows Data Recovery Software Tools
No.1. Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery-Home
Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery – Home is one of the leading software programs that will allow you to get back everything you lost from your hard drive. It doesn’t matter if your computer was under attack by a virus or if your operating system malfunctioned – this software has the power to scan your hard disk or external storage, find a specific folder, and help you salvage anything that is important to you.
Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery – Home Features
- It is probably one of the most comprehensive Windows data recovery tools because it can restore files from any type of storage. If you accidentally lost your photos from an SD or CF card, you can easily get them back with Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery – Home. Simply connect the card to the computer running this software and wait for it to be recognized. Launch the scan engine and it will display the files that can be recovered from the card.
- If you have ever tried recovering your data, you probably know that the files end up being disorganized, and it can be quite challenging to sort out everything once you get it back. Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery – Home has an option called Filtered Tree, which makes this process a lot easier. It will recognize the important files and sort them by type or size. So, for example, if you are searching for a specific PDF document, you will be able to find it faster.
- This software offers two types of scans. Quick scan is recommended for deleted files from any type of storage. It will go through the device in no time and deliver a list of files which can be restored. If the file you are looking for is not on a list, try the deep scan. This will give you more results because it really goes through your data. The deep scan is a great solution when you are trying to salvage files from corrupt or formatted storage. Yes, it is slower than the quick scan but you can speed it up when you remove the preview option.
- Another feature can effectively search for your files on the logical drive. Type in the name of a file or format, and it will give you a list of available documents. If you know the folder in which something was stored, you can select it as well; this will make the search process faster. Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery – Home can help get back your deleted emails as well. As a matter of fact, the list of recoverable file types is very long. It will restore your videos, photos, archives, and a wide variety of document files.
- Finally, you can try this software for free to see how it works and determine whether it fits your needs. Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery – Home will give you 1GB to work with. However, keep in mind that if you are using this free version of the software, the recovered files cannot be larger than 25MB.
No.2. Remo Recover (Windows)-Pro
Remo Recover Pro is versatile recovery software that can save your files from accidental formatting or from hard disks with faulty partitions. The Pro edition is a combination of the Basic and Media versions, so it is the strongest Remo Recover package you can get. Remo Recover Pro will save all your media files, such as photos and videos, regardless of the format, as well as other files that have been deleted or broken.
Remo Recover-Pro Home Features
- Recovery is possible from any storage device out there. This includes USB flash drives, various memory cards, external drives, and, of course, hard disks. You can also recover deleted images from your phone if it has the previously mentioned memory card inside. A hard disk can get corrupted, so if you want to save your files from it, create an image and then find the documents with Remo Recover Pro.
- Don’t worry if you ended up formatting your hard disk and reinstalled Windows in the process; this software enables you to rescue all your old files, regardless of the format. You can even save files you accidentally deleted from your recycle bin, which is a nice addition. There is also a preview option that will grant you access to the files when Remo Recover Pro detects them. However, keep in mind that it might not work every single time, especially if a file is very corrupted or broken.
- Detecting and sorting files is a very straightforward process with this program. Everything will be listed, including the name, file type, and date of creation. Then continue with the sorting and you will easily save everything you need. This can make the whole recovery process faster and allow you to get your files back in no time.
No.3. Data Rescue PC4
Data Rescue PC4 is simple and easy to use, but very powerful. Although every user might not easily understand it at first, you will be able to master this software fairly quickly. It can solve a variety of issues even if you are dealing with a heavily corrupted or reformatted hard disk. This software utilizes the drive cloning tool, which will make your drive scannable and help you recover the files for which you are searching.
Data Rescue PC4 Features
Don’t forget the cloning tool because it is one of the most interesting parts of this Windows data recovery software. It is designed to copy your hard drive to your backup disk or a volume. Then you can scan the cloned copy. However, you must remember that if a hard drive is heavily damaged or corrupted, the copy might not be without flaws and some files could be unrecoverable.
- It supports many files, including standard Microsoft Office documents, all image types (such as JPEG, Photoshop, audio, and video files), and zip or RAR archives. Therefore, this Windows data recovery tool will give you the ability to find and save almost any file you had on a corrupted or formatted storage unit.
- While the interface might be a bit tricky to navigate at first, numerous features will help you with the process of file recovery. The most useful ones are quick and deep scan. The quick scan should be your go-to tool because it will be complete in just a couple of minutes. However, you can’t use it to scan your whole hard drive. Instead, it will go through a selected volume.
- If the quick scan fails, try the deep scan. It might be time-consuming but it will get the work done and give you the best results. Each gigabyte is analyzed for approximately three minutes so long as there are no obstacles along the way. The deep scan will go through your entire hard drive or any storage device. It can be used in any situation, even if you formatted the hard disk, and it should recover the files you need.
- Don’t forget the cloning tool because it is one of the most interesting parts of this Windows data recovery software. It is designed to copy your hard drive to your backup disk or a volume. Then you can scan the cloned copy. However, you must remember that if a hard drive is heavily damaged or corrupted, the copy might not be without flaws and some files could be unrecoverable.
Windows data recovery software is a useful addition to your tools because these programs have the ability to fix your errors and recover the files you have lost. Yes, having a backup is important, but if your hard disk gets corrupted, it is not the end of the world because you can still save the data from it.